Sunday, February 15, 2015

Calaveras Genealogical Society 2015 Spring Seminar Registration Is Open

When I announced in January that the Calaveras Genealogical Society had chosen me to be the presenter at its 2015 spring seminar, I promised to post when I learned about registration details and if there was a fee.  And now I know:  If you preregister, which requires your check to be received by April 16, it's $25 for Calaveras GS members and $30 for nonmembers; registration includes lunch.  Registering at the door is also $30, but I don't know if you'll get the lunch.  The information hasn't been posted on the Calaveras site yet (because the Webmanager is on a jury for a trial), but I have the registration flyer available on my site for downloading.

The four talks I'll be giving are:
• Reconstructing Family Information When You Start with Almost Nothing: A Case Study
• Get Me to the Church on Time:  Finding Religious Records
• Where There's a Will:  Probate Records Can Prove Family Connections
• They Wouldn't Put It on the Web If They Didn't Want Me to Use It:  Copyright Issues for Genealogy

The seminar will be on Saturday, April 18, at the LDS Church, 400 Bret Harte Drive, Murphys, California.  Several people have told me how beautiful it is in the area, so come for the scenery and a great day of genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to everyone, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.